Light Lemon Fluff Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour milk into a large metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice; cool.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add gelatin mixture and mix well. Beat evaporated milk until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Fluff Dessert(13)
Sort By :
My family loved this, even my four kids, who are picky about desserts. Getting the evaporated milk to whip into soft peaks was difficult, even after chilling, but overall the results were delicious. Definitely a much healthier option than the traditional full fat version. I plan to try this recipe with orange jello and juice next.
Very good and easy. Everyone loved it.
Comment: This recipe looks like it has possibilities as part of a St Patrick's Day themed menu. I hope to make it with lime jello and lime juice to achieve a green color. Has anyone else tried this and did it turn out OK?
@taylorville: I use the Milnot when I can. When my Mother made it when I was a kid, she used Milnot and it would beat up beautifully!! don't give up! You may have beaten the milk a bit too long..... :) Maybe you could get the milnot online...just a suggestion!!
Loved this dessert - so did everyone else! Would definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >