“This came from my grandmother, whose family owned a bakery. My grandmother's was the full-fat version and I didn’t want to mess with perfection too much, so I only made a few healthier substitutions. It's sweet, lemony and light, and we occasionally slice fresh strawberries over the top.” Nancy Brown - Dahinda, Illinois
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour milk into a large metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice; cool.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add gelatin mixture and mix well. Beat evaporated milk until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Fluff Dessert in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Fluff Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review