- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the mushrooms, tuna and red pepper. Drain noodles; add to soup mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Light-But-Hearty Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
"This is a very delicious Tuna Noodle Casserole (just as it's written.) I did however, add in a generous handful of frozen peas & carrots, and I doubled the recipe. This one is a definite keeper!"
"Didn't have the roated red peppers, so made it without; still tasted great."
"Made a few changes and all around a great dish! I nixed the red pepper and replaced with 1 c. frozen peas(added to last minute of boiling noodles before tossing in) and added diced onions and fresh mushrooms. Also costco tuna is 7oz so it was loaded! Husband loved!"
"This was very tasty. I added a can of peas without their juice to the recipe. I will definitely make this again."
"I used a large can of tuna and fresh mushrooms plus a whole jar of sweet red peppers. It was very good."