Light-But-Hearty Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the mushrooms, tuna and red pepper. Drain noodles; add to soup mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Light-But-Hearty Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
This was very tasty. I added a can of peas without their juice to the recipe. I will definitely make this again.
I used a large can of tuna and fresh mushrooms plus a whole jar of sweet red peppers. It was very good.
I have been weary to try some of the recipes on this sight because I think the pictures could be alot better...more appealable, but I saw the reviews on this one and decided to try it. I did not use the peppers because I knew my kids would complain and I also left out the mushrooms because I think the soup gives it enough. I used 1% milk and doubled the recipe using one can of reduced fat soup and one regular can, real mayo, and I added a small can of peas. I have to say that I have made a million tuna casserole recipes and even have one of my own that I pride myself on, but this one is the BEST I have had. I made two 8in pans because I thought it would not be enough, but it was hearty and delicious and the kids LOVED it! It comes out moist and creamy...very impressive. We have a pan left over and it is calling to me. This one is a keeper. Thank you!
Loved the red peppers and onions! This was amazing, my boyfriend and roommate loved it as did I. I wish I made more. I added a little bit of cheddar cheese to the top, it probably would have been delicious either way though.
Very good casserole. I wanted to make this for dinner, but didn't have any cream of mushroom soup. I used what I had in the pantry which was cream of onion. Great taste. Will try with cream of mushroom too.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >