- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls and lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon peel if desired.
Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze for future use. To use, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
"I did do as grandma ikki suggested. By making a lemon glaze. I think it needed the extra lemon flavor. Excellent flavor. One person commented how to keep the crust from sticking to the back of the spoon. I used a measuring cup to press it on the bottom and up the sides. Absolutely delicious!!"
"This is delicious!! The crust in the recipe didn't really work. It would not stick together and there was no pressing it up the sides of the pan. The second time I made this, I halved the recipe, used a graham cracker crust, and baked in a muffin pan for about 20 minutes. They turned out perfectly. I also made the glaze mentioned in another post both times. It was wonderful!"
"I'm a food critique and an event bigger critique of my own cooking. Actually I don't think it is so much I am a critique as I have a refined palate. And let me tell you, my palate enjoyed this recipe so much I almost smacked my own mouth! Taking the first bite I stared at what was left before me grinning like a kid on Christmas morning anxiously awaiting the next bite. I impressed myself. My husband, a man of few words, said it was the best cheesecake he has ever eaten. So, thank you for sharing this recipe. It is added to my recipe box that I will hand down to my daughters one day.Tips: I did add the icing that grandma ikik recommended and it definitely added to the flavor. After refrigerating over night and before serving the next morning I added grated white chocolate to the cake. Now, I'm not bragging, well maybe I am, maybe I'm just proud, but I have been consistently making cheesecakes that do NOT crack. Take your time with a cheesecake, enjoy being in the kitchen, have your ingredients at room temperature before starting and most importantly find your patience- believe me, a cheesecake that is perfect without cracks is deeply gratifying."
"I made this for company, it's delicious! Highly recommend even if it's a little more work.. It's more of a hint of lemon so if you like a lot just add more zest and lemon juice."
"My daughters made this for my birthday just yesterday and oh my...it was absolutely delicious and a perfect cheesecake. And it was their first time making one!"
"This cheesecake is the bomb. Made this for a Christmas dinner party. So light and simply delicious with the lemon and white chocolate. My guests raved and went on and on. One of my guests has daughters who regularly make fabulous cheesecakes. However, she claimed this cheesecake was the best by far she had ever tasted. Trust me, this is the ONLY cheesecake recipe you will ever need. It was just manners listening to all of the praise about how good it was!! Prepare yourself for the compliments. They will come!!!"
"Made this for family from Norway. It was delicious; I would make it again."
"Made this cheesecake for Christmas Day dinner with our future daughter-in-law who hates chocolate. She loved it as did everyone else! Even our family member who usually doesn't indulge in dessert couldn't resist it. Plan to make it for Easter this year too. Didn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"Absolutely the best cheesecake I've made! Great plain but also good with a light fresh raspberry sauce, made with crushed fresh raspberries and a little sugar or stevia."
"excellent taste and texture! Would make this time and time again to impress my guests! Gail Borczyk, Field Editor"