- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls and lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I made this cheesecake and took it to a Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws. It was very well received. I plan to make it for my New Year's Day dinner.The shortbread crust is a nice change from the traditional graham cracker crust."
"YUM! Two of my favorites together...white chocolate and lemon!"
"This is now one of my favorite recipes!!! This does take some time to make, but IT IS ABOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I will be making this again!!"
"I made this a day ahead, wow, easy and very good. had only one minor problem with water bath, my foil leaked a bit, need wider foil! I topped it with fresh raspberries instead of the white chocolate or lemon peal. everyone loved it."
"It looks likes it has a lot of steps, and it was a bit time-consuming, but this was a very delicious cheesecake. It wasn't super duper filling, so people wanted more than one slice. My supermarket was actually out of lemons, so I had to buy limes instead. It didn't make any difference, because my family enjoyed the heck out of this recipe."