Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls and lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake(25)
Sort By :
I shared this with a girlfriend and her family and it was a HUGE hit. It was delicious! Definitely a recipe to keep if you like the flavor of lemon.
The crust for this recipe is flat. Instead, use 1 cup crushed macadamia nuts, 19 crushed shortbread cookies, 2 tbs sugar, and 2 tbs melted butter. The cookies and nuts can be pulsed separately in a food processor; then add sugar and butter and pulse until just combined. Pat into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes; cool. You can skip the waterbath method if you bake the cheesecake at 325 degrees for 65-70 minutes. The center should be slightly wobbly, but will continue to firm up as it cools. Ensure that after ten minutes of cooling, run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to reduce cracking. Let the cheesecake cool completely, then remove outer ring. Cool cheesecake for several hours or overnight. I would also leave out the suggestion to add yellow food coloring unless you're really determined for the same color as what you see on the site's picture!
This is a sinfully Delicious dessert; well worth the time and effort that it takes to make. It is melt in your mouth wonderfully good!!!!!
big hit at superbowl
I loved this cheesecake!! My niece, who says she doesn't really like cheesecake that well, said that she really liked this one. I have a tradition of making a cheesecake for each of our holidays, and I believe this has been my favorite so far.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Lemon Cheesecakes >