- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls and lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
YUM! Two of my favorites together...white chocolate and lemon!
This is now one of my favorite recipes!!! This does take some time to make, but IT IS ABOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I will be making this again!!
I made this a day ahead, wow, easy and very good. had only one minor problem with water bath, my foil leaked a bit, need wider foil! I topped it with fresh raspberries instead of the white chocolate or lemon peal. everyone loved it.
It looks likes it has a lot of steps, and it was a bit time-consuming, but this was a very delicious cheesecake. It wasn't super duper filling, so people wanted more than one slice. My supermarket was actually out of lemons, so I had to buy limes instead. It didn't make any difference, because my family enjoyed the heck out of this recipe.
I shared this with a girlfriend and her family and it was a HUGE hit. It was delicious! Definitely a recipe to keep if you like the flavor of lemon.