These quick muffins are tender and have a lovely aroma while they're baking. Fat-free yogurt keeps them moist. If you like the lemon and ginger, you're sure to enjoy their fresh flavor.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and sugar substitute until crumbly. Add egg whites; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in ginger and lemon peel.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Ginger Muffins in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p39
Reviews for Lemon Ginger Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review