- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- Fresh raspberries, mint leaves and/or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries, mint and/or cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 tartlets.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Curd Tartlets
Sort By :
"Where can I find these phyllo shells?"
"Use fresh squeezed lemon juice for an amazing tart."
"This was wonderful and easy. I topped mine with a little real whipped cream amd cut strawberries. For those who had the egg cook to fast, the trick is using a double boiler or use two sauce pans on top of each other. This will allow the sauce to cook more evenly and at a slower rate, which helps to not overcook the eggs. I would definately make this again! I also agree with another another reviwer that you could fill these pre-cooked cups with all kinds of different things!"
"First batch I made was lemon crud because the egg whites started cooking first. After snooping online, I modifed the instructions. I first whisked/creamed the sugar and butter(room temp), next whisked in eggs one at a time until smooth, then whisked in the lemon juice. Then I cooked it as called for in the recipe, removed it from heat and stired in the grated lemon peel. Turned out perfectly! My 13 year old, 10 year old and hubby loved them! I will definately make again but increase my chances of success by combining the ingredients before I heat them."
"No, the shells are already baked. Just thaw, fill and eat. Use any filling you like, pudding, savory dips, vanilla cream, etc. To the other reviewer, thanks for the tip about jarred lemon curd and whipping cream!"