- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Butter Cookies
Sort By :
"They are easy to make. I didn't use a cookie cutter. I rolled them into tiny balls and pressed them with a cup. I think they need soething extra like a glaze but my neighbour thinks they are great as is."
"I have had this recipe for quite some time now. This has got to be the best cutout cookie recipe I've made. I have subbed other flavors for the Lemon many times."