Lemon Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Butter Cookies
Sort By :
They are easy to make. I didn't use a cookie cutter. I rolled them into tiny balls and pressed them with a cup. I think they need soething extra like a glaze but my neighbour thinks they are great as is.
I have had this recipe for quite some time now. This has got to be the best cutout cookie recipe I've made. I have subbed other flavors for the Lemon many times.