I enjoy serving these fruity scones for baby and bridal showers. They're a bit lower in fat than other scone recipes, so you can indulge with little guilt. —Jacqueline Hendershot, Orange, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones. Yield: 14 scones.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones in Best of Country Breads 2000, p99
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review