- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones. Yield: 14 scones.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones
Sort By :
"Will not make again!"
"Simple to make and a great texture. I did think it needed more lemon flavor. I'm adding more zest and some lemon extract next time to see if that helps."
"I've tried several scone recipes and this makes a surprisingly light scone. Easy to make and delicious even without the glaze. My new favorite!"
"These are absolutely delicious! EASY too, since they are really "drop" biscuits, not like traditional scones that have to be shaped into a circle. Definitely a favorite!"
"These are very simple to make and delicious! Not to mention low fat. Easy to throw together in the morning for a breakfast treat. Everyone loves them! Best when served warm!"