- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon & Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Sort By :
Made with real butter, but I must have cut them thinner because I ended up with 14 dozen. The thinner cookies baked for 6 minutes and then cooled on the sheet for 2 minutes. Love the zest in these.
The calorie count is probably correct because each cookie is about the size of a half-dollar coin.
Interesting and Excellent! As for the calorie count, myrecipes.com has a similar recipe that lists 115 calories per cookie, but it makes one-third the number. Their cookies are 1-1/2 inches in diameter and have a glaze made of powdered sugar and lemon juice on top. I like the increased rosemary in these!
VERY nice! Making these to add to a bottle of wine for Christmas gifts!
Very good shortbread cookie. I did not get 8 dozen cookies from this recipe though.