Key Lime Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in lime peel, juice and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough lime juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Key Lime Bread(10)
Sort By :
Great! For a change up use lemon or orange. Al ways a winner here.
You can only eat so much banana bread! - This is a delightful loaf with a little tartness. Icing is fab. Make this several times a year.
Definitely a nice change from Banana or Pumpkin bread. I would make this again and add even a little more zest/lime juice to the batter.
I didn't make this yet but have a question. Will it still be good if I make it the day before it's going to be eaten? Thanks.
This is one of the most delicious and flavorful quick breads that I have ever tasted, and everyone who I have made this bread for just raves about it. It has just the right amount of sweetness and tartness, and it is a snap to make.