- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in lime peel, juice and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough lime juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Key Lime Bread
Sort By :
"This bread was delicious! I am a lover of lime and coconut so I substituted 3/4 cup flaked, sweetened coconut for the nuts. I also used the juice of 3 key limes in the cake and glaze as well as the zest of 2 key limes for each. It adds quite a kick just the way I like it!"
"Have this in the oven now and I added about 3/4 cup of diced fresh strawberries that needed to be used. Smells wonderful, and as others suggested, I doubled the juice/zest amounts. Also thought about adding diced fresh peaches another time. Skipped the nuts as I didn't want to take time to toast and cool them as I ALWAYS toast nuts to go in a recipe. Had I thought about it in time, I would have added a drop or two of green food coloring.WHOA ! Just came out of the oven....what a KEEPER this is.......YUMMO !!! Excellent flavor and texture.Just HAD to sample it while it was still warm....didn't even bother with the glaze.
"Great.....Just the way the recipe reads."
"I used Meyer lemons from a friend's tree , increasing the zest and juice a bit. Also halved the recipe to make one loaf. Easy and delicious. One of my "keepers.""
"Great! For a change up use lemon or orange. Al ways a winner here."