- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 jumbo muffins.
Reviews for Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
"Excellent !!!! I have made these muffins every week for the past month! Family, friends and co-workers rave over these! Thank you so much! My # 1 Blueberry muffin recipe, not to mention my only! :) Getting ready to make some now!"
"Very good recipe, loaded with berries (I used huckleberries for the blueberries). I made six jumbo muffins and about twelve mini muffins. I used coarse sugar on top which gave a nice bit of crunch."
"Will make again!"
"I made them regular size. Better for the calorie count. Delicious 5 star"
"This recipe was perfect! The only changes that I made were substituting half whole wheat flour and using sugar in the raw on top. I don't ever buy buttermilk so I just did a lemon juice/milk mixture. My jumbo muffin pan holds 6, so I also made got 5 standard muffins out of it. I would recommend this recipe and I'd use it again."