- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 jumbo muffins.
Reviews for Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
"Woohoo! This is the world's best blueberry muffin. I used large muffin tins and doubled the recipe. Filled 3 muffin tins perfectly so I don't have to bake as often. They freeze well. I did decrease the amount of sugar a little and found there were too many blueberries (never thought I would be saying that!). Since I used frozen berries, they chilled the dough enough to cause the berries to suspend beautifully rather than sinking to the bottom. I also used coarse turbinado for the topping - crunchy. Awesome!!"
"These were good and loaded with blueberries. I kind of felt too many berries. Removing them from the muffin tin (I did not use liners) they kind of crumbled because there were pockets that were not held together because of a clump of berries and little batter. I may use 1/4 - 1/2 cup less berries next time. The berries I had were huge so smaller ones may make a difference too. I did toss the berries with some flour so they would not sink. I would increase the salt to 1/2 teaspoon too."
"Excellent! I will definitely make these again."
"Excellent !!!! I have made these muffins every week for the past month! Family, friends and co-workers rave over these! Thank you so much! My # 1 Blueberry muffin recipe, not to mention my only! :) Getting ready to make some now!"
"Very good recipe, loaded with berries (I used huckleberries for the blueberries). I made six jumbo muffins and about twelve mini muffins. I used coarse sugar on top which gave a nice bit of crunch."
"Will make again!"
"I made them regular size. Better for the calorie count. Delicious 5 star"
"This recipe was perfect! The only changes that I made were substituting half whole wheat flour and using sugar in the raw on top. I don't ever buy buttermilk so I just did a lemon juice/milk mixture. My jumbo muffin pan holds 6, so I also made got 5 standard muffins out of it. I would recommend this recipe and I'd use it again."
"Delicious , I used fat free half and half instead of the buttermilk!"