Jalapeno Cranberry Jelly Recipe
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- Place cranberry juice and jalapenos in a blender; cover and process until peppers are fully chopped. Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Pour the strained juice into a Dutch oven; add vinegar. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add food coloring if desired. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Reviews for Jalapeno Cranberry Jelly
Sort By :
My girlfriend made this and it is delicious. Now it's my turn to make it.
I like it just the way it was going to try it
I have made four batches of this recipe and it is outstanding. I used cranberry rasperry juice in two of them and substituted habenero peppers instead. My next batch will be cranberry blackberry using habaneros and then cranberry pomegranate. yum yum!
Forgot to tell you, instead of 3 cups juice, use 2 cups and 1 cup of canned or frozen whole cranberries. Gives it a little more texture and can be used to based your ham or turkey too.
Instead of the green Jalapeno Peppers, use any kind of RED hot peppers and leave some of the seeds with them. Big difference, and you can use a 1/2 to 1 cup as you like it. Also, you don't have to use any kind of food coloring since the red peppers wont clash with the red cranberry. ( better for you that way, all natural) I just made 51 (16oz) jars at different heat stages (mild hot to slap your moma hot) and still have demand for more. Great stocking stuffer.