Irish Soda Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill six greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Irish Soda Muffins(6)
Sort By :
Holy Hannah! Just made these with blueberries...they are incredible...doubled the recipe..(which will use your whole egg). Exactly 15 minutes..my 4 yr old helped me and we had a nice bonding time..They are soooo easy and amazing.
Absolutely delicious! More like a scone than a muffin; everyone loves them. I always make a double batch, yielding 12 muffins. I used vegetable oil and increased the amount of raisins. Only need 15 minutes to bake & removed them from pan immediately.
This is a perfect recipe for a small family. We just love them! I find using egg beaters works best.
My husband loved these. I made exactly as instructed the first time. the second time around I did change slightly. I used light olive oil instead of canola oi, light sour creaml and splenda instead of sugar. They turned out just as good. As my husband says "this is a keeper".
not a review, but a question. What is vanilla powder mentioned in previous review??