- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 12 ounces)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups chopped cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef with squash and pepper over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup mix, brown sugar, V8 juice, water and cabbage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until cabbage is tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until rice is tender, about 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage
"It was delicious and very easy to make"
"This was really good and fairly easy to make :)"
"We love this recipe. Simple and we nearly always have all the ingredients readily on hand."
"I didn't add the green peppers...even my kids loved this recipe. My 12 year old has recently asked when I am going to make it again!"
"This was a great recipe! I have been trying to find things I can make that don't have gluten. I modified the recipe by using beef broth instead of the water and soup mix and I used more uncooked rice."
"This recipe was delicious. I did keep the rice on the side just so it would keep better."
"Made this with a few tweaks and all my family likes this in the winter. Try sweet italian sausage instead of hamburger for more flavor."
"This was pretty quick and simple to make. I prepared the butternut squash and the green pepper the night before which really made prep time go quickly the night I made it. I really liked the flavor and I felt good that I was feeding my family something with cabbage and squash, things I don't use very often. I do think that it could stand a little more seasoning thought. I added salt and pepper to my bowl and that did the trick. Worth a try!"
"This meal was awesome! My husband and I ate the entire pot in two days!!! Making again this weekend!"