Impossible Garden Pie Recipe
Fresh asparagus and other spring garden vegetables crop up in this light and flavorful egg dish shared by Barbara Gigliotti from Ocala, Florida. The biscuit mix in this "impossible" pie settles to the bottom during baking to create a cheesy crust.
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In another large bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until smooth; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Impossible Garden Pie in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Impossible Garden Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Recipes >