- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Coconut Macaroons
"Excellent recipe. Great for anytime of the year."
""do not loose this recipe!!" repeat "do not loose this recipe"!!!! I baked these macaroons for our church bazaar and was told this so many times. I promise "I will never loose this recipe!!" PS My husband confirmed..."
"In order to use the whole can of sweetened condensed milk, I made a 2nd recipe and halved the rest of the ingredients. I did replace the vanilla with almond extract. I also placed 1/4 of a maraschino cherry on top of each cookie. My husband loves macaroons and loves this recipe."
"can your freeze these Macaroons?"
"I add these to my goodie tray I give to neighbors at Christmas every year. I add cherry's to the top for decoration. They are yummy."
"can not rate it=I need the recipe-"
"If you enjoy coconut this is the recipe"
"diabetic happy it is so so not by husband is daibetic one bite threw his sugar to the 300 hundreds, so we really need to change this , fast very untrue and fatal"
"Two thumbs up!! easy to make and they taste great. These will be made often."
"I have made these for YEARS as my husband loves them. I use parchment paper on my cookie sheet, no greasing-much easier to remove to cool! I also chill the dough for an hour before scooping; also helps a lot."