- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup almond paste
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, almond paste and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Gradually add flour just until moistened.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; top with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Almond Bars
Sort By :
"I was so excited to try this recipe. Everything went great until I tried to cut them for the cookie exchange I was going to. They were rock solid! I broke a butter knife (a metal butter knife!) trying to cut them and finally had to just throw the entire pan away with the bars still in them. I had to run to the store to buy cookies to take to the exchange."
"I make these for a lot of get togethers, they are now one of my favorites! Pretty easy too!"
"OK, so I made this recipe and it is delicious. Now to answer the big question, "where do you purchase almond paste". Well, I solved that by going online to Taste of Home and got recipe for Amond Paste and made my own. Simple, easy, delicious. And WAY cheaper, even IF I could find it in the store."
"I haven't tried these yet, but they look amazing, I love almond paste. Only problem is, I too do not know where to buy it, have looked everywhere."
"These were a nice alternative to brownies. My family liked them a lot. We all agreed they were somewhat addictive."