- 3 dozen large fresh strawberries
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Grated chocolate
- Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep "X" in the tip of each berry. Gently spread berries open.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons into each berry; sprinkle with chocolate. Chill until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Heavenly Filled Strawberries
Sort By :
"De reaction on amount of cream cheese is to confusing, I used the soft cream cheeze that was left over from a last minute catering, it work like a charm, I never knew it could be useable other then bagels but it works great here, problem is this disapear to quietly lol"
"These are pretty to look at and taste good, too. I found the filling to be took thick to push through my Pampered Chef Pastry Decorator, so I thinned it with some half n half and it was still too thick. I think I will put some Cool Whip in the cream cheese mixture next time to make it easier to push thru the nozzle."
"These look lovely, not sure about the almond essence though. I'm going to make these with ' Philadelphia Sweet Chilli ' cream cheese, which also has pineapple and mango in. Topped with a sprinkling of ground pepper to bring out the flavour of the strawberry, should go well with some nice rose' wine."
"These were beautiful and delicious and were a hit on the dessert table at our church potluck. They would be lovely for showers or receptions or anytime a fancy-looking, delicious dessert is needed. I used chocolate sprinkles rather than grating chocolate -- much easier, and I thought it looked just as nice."
"Easiest summer dessert and so delicious! Always gets raves at summer parties, book club, etc. Presentation makes a beautiful dessert or sweet snack."