- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese and yogurt. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the flour, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Fold in cottage cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Cheesecake in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p25
Reviews for Healthy Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review