Hawaiian Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the chops for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute green pepper and onion for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in the broth, pineapple, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hawaiian Pork Chops(5)
Sort By :
I thought this was bland and tasteless, which surprised me. I won't even finish my plate. It is easy, but I won't fix it again.
This is very good but I did make some modifications. I substituted fresh cut up pinnapple and also added some garlic, fresh seedless jalapeno peper and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper to balance the sweetness of the original recipe and to add depth.
This is very good but I did make some modifications. I added fresh cut up pinnapple and also some garlic, fresh seedless jalapeno peper and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper to balance the sweetness of the original recipe and to add depth.
this was very easy to make. It will be a regular at our dinner table.
This is so good!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >