- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Mix cake batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and beat well. Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over the cooled cakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with coconut. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Dessert
Sort By :
"This was simple to make and so Delicious. It is SO light! Everyone asked for the recipe, and I will definitely be making this again."
"First off I'm not a " baker" lol, love eating desserts but hv a hard time making them! This was easy peasy! Only tweaked a couple small things here. I added a teas. of vanilla extract to the yellow cake mix & chopped up some macadamia nuts to sprinkle on top with the coconut. Was a HUGE hit at hubby's office...they had a Hawaiian Day & he brought dessert..this! Recipe says serves 24 but these 2 pans fed 50, just cut them into smaller pieces!! 5 stars ;)"
"this recipe was amazing! i have made this dessert several times in the last few weeks and it is a huge hit every time"
"I've made this dessert several times and always get asked for the recipe."
"Light, refreshing, absolutely delicious. Perfect dessert for summer."