- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Mix cake batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and beat well. Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over the cooled cakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with coconut. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Dessert
Sort By :
"this recipe was amazing! i have made this dessert several times in the last few weeks and it is a huge hit every time"
"I've made this dessert several times and always get asked for the recipe."
"Light, refreshing, absolutely delicious. Perfect dessert for summer."
""Would you make this recipe again?"YES, YES, YES!!!While reading the directions, I couldn't understand why it called for dividing the cake batter between two 13x9" pans. It would have been a mistake to cook the cake in one pan, as there is enough filling to fill both pans.I'd also like to add, the filling smelled awesome to begin with, but instead of whipping and sweetening heavy whipping cream to apply on top, instead, I folded in an 8oz tub of cool whip before layering the filling over the cakes. Mom said it tasted better than a "store bought coconut cream pie." Dad was extremely happy I'd sent them a large amount home to snack on through the week... not that it'll last that long."
"This is a wonderful, flavorful dessert. I brought it to a pot luck dinner, and returned home with empty pans! It was such a hit :)"