Hash Brown Nests with Portobellos and Eggs Recipe
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 cups chopped fresh portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press 1/4 cup hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of each of 12 greased muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in butter until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, basil and cayenne.
- Divide eggs among potato-lined muffin cups. Top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Nests with Portobellos and Eggs
Sort By :
"These are very good. I would go with a little less mushroom next time."
"Very yummy, and looks impressive for the effort. Needs light salt over the potatoes, and a bit mixed into the eggs as well. We love that they are a healthy breakfast."
"I made these for my granddaughter and we both agreed that they made a great breakfast."
"I loved this recipe. I have one and two year old little boys, and not only did they enjoy them, but they were easy for them to eat with their little hands. The next time I make them, I plan to add spinach and I may substitute the Swiss cheese for Feta. I think they'd be great at a bridal brunch."
"I made these for a Mother's Day Brunch that I hosted at my house. Delicious! Not a single leftover! My husband wants me to make them again just to have on hand for a quick breakfast. At only 101 calories per serving, they seem like a great healthy breakfast option. I'm anxious to see how they reheat."