Candy corn makes this natural snack for fall gatherings. The sweet and salty flavors are irresistible. —Marlene Harguth, Maynard, Minnesota
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup chocolate bridge mix
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, nuts and sunflower kernels. Combine the butter, cinnamon and cloves. Drizzle a third of butter mixture over pretzel mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining butter mixture and toss to coat. Stir into pretzel mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Cool; transfer to a large bowl. Add candy corn and bridge mix; toss to combine. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Harvest Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p241
Reviews for Harvest Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review