- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Yellow and red food coloring
- 70 pieces candy corn
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Tint frosting orange with yellow and red food coloring. Frost bars; cut into 35 squares. For eyes, place two pieces of candy corn on each bar.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe dots on candy corn for pupils; decorate faces as desired. Yield: 35 bars.
Reviews for Halloween Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
I made this for my book club meeting yesterday and it was a hit!! I did use the whole can of pumpkin and add 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice as other reviews had suggested and it made a huge batch - plenty to share and still have leftovers. Very moist!
The recipe was very good. This was the first time I used pumpkin pie mix. I like it. after reading one comment I added 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spices. I also had to use a 18X11 inch pan.
A great tasty treat.
I've had many requests to make this desert over and over again. First, for my daughter's Halloween party, then again for a Holiday party (without the Jack-o-lantern faces).
Delicious!! These were very moist, I made the cake the day before, wrapped it in cling wrap and left it overnight, then frosted it the day of my party. It was an instant hit! Helpful hints: I added about 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the batter, since the pumpkin pie filling is only mildly spiced. Also, after frosting the cake, place it in the refrigerator (or freezer) until the frosting is slightly hardened, this will keep the frosting firm around the edges when cutting the bars.