- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped gumdrops
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the candy coating, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until candy coating is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and gumdrops.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from the pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Reviews for Gumdrop Fudge
"Very pretty on a tray of Christmas cookies, but very, very sweet"
"A very pretty fudge. I prefer chocolate fudge myself, but I love how pretty a gift this makes. When I sliced the gum drops (use the "spice ones for better flavor", I placed the sliced pieces in a bowl of white sugar to keep them from sticking to one another. Easy to do and so nice for gift giving!"
"I have made these the last two years. Instead of the gumdrops I use chopped up dried apricots and 2 bags of white chocolate chips instead of the coating. Easy, very delicious, and perhaps a tad more nutritious."
"Delicious and easy. Looks very pretty on a plate of goodies!"
"Yum!! I used fruit slice candies and it came out great!"
"This was one of the easiest and most delicious candy recipes I have ever tried. I took some to work and some to my family's Christmas gathering and everyone wanted the recipe! I used 2 bags of vanilla chips instead of the candy coating, which worked out just fine. I will definitely make this recipe again!"
"What a joke!! Not even fudge!! Would not set up at all even in the freezer!!"
"Puckettmomof4, could you have used evaporated milk instead of condensed? just a thought."
"I couldn't get mine to set up like fudge. I put in fridge and it never got solid, what did I do wrong:("
"To Smoothmotion: Yes, you can use Ghirardelli white baking chips in place of the candy coating....and your fudge will be just as good if not better!"