- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (1 pound) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into sixteen slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant crosswise into eight slices. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Blot eggplant dry with paper towels; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill.
- Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews for Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review