We love eggplant Parmesan, but when it’s hot outside, the dish feels too heavy. Grilled eggplant slices topped with tomato, mozzarella and Parm satisfy everyone. —Joann Parlin, Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey
Featured In: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (1 pound) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into sixteen slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant crosswise into eight slices. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Blot eggplant dry with paper towels; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill.
- Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews for Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review