- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash seasoned salt
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until blended. Spread over half of the bread slices. Top with tomato and remaining bread.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with melted butter. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Green Chili Grilled Cheese Melt
"My husband and I liked this recipe, but found that it was too gooey and needed more crunch with it. We omitted the tomatoes, but otherwise thought it was a creative grilled cheese recipe!"
"Excellent on every level. The garden fresh tomatoes knocked it out of the park. I made 1/2 recipe because there are just the two of us. Wish I had made the entire amount. Pretty sure the cheese mixture would be terrific on crackers. The ingredient mix is perfect. I appreciate a recipe that brings unique tastes to an old time favorite. Thanks so much."
"Gooey, yummy goodness. Will enjoy with soup in colder weather."
"This looked so good that I thought I would reduce the amount down to make just enough for two sandwiches, but then decided I'd make the full amount.. and I ended up using the balance at a party as a warm cheese dip, with just a bit of hot sauce added. sandwich was divine, and the dip was delightful."