- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 tube (6 ounces) decorating frosting in color of your choice
- 24 After Eight thin mints
- 24 milk chocolate M&M's in color of your choice or 24 semisweet chocolate chips
- Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups; place upside down on waxed paper. Place a small amount of frosting on each peanut butter cup; center a mint on each. Using frosting, make a loop for each cap's tassel. Place an M&M on top of each loop. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Graduation Caps
"After Eight Thin Mints aren't made anymore, but Aldi's brand called Moser Roth Fine Chocolates were the perfect size and the only thing I found that worked. Otherwise it was very frustrating trying to find the After Eight mints! I wish someone could change that original recipe. Party City had M&Ms in all one color which I used (school colors) for the M&M and tassel. A real hit at the party!"
"I used a chocolate cover gram cracker square. Could not find the mint candy anywhere."
"We could not find after eight mints, so we used Ghirardelli squares. Rave reviews from all who saw them and ate them."
"quick, easy, and cute! was perfect to send into school. I will be making this again when my daughter graduates!"
"These are so easy and nice that you can use your school colors."
"Such a cute idea! I've looked all over for the After Eight Mints. Could some of you share where you are finding the mints? Thanks!"
"The graduation caps are very simple and a nice touch for the graduate!"
"Made these for my daughter's graudation and I used 2 Hershey's for the top part, blue M&M's and yellow licorice.....THEY LOOKED GREAT!!!!!!! SUCH A HIT!!!"
"My daughters party was last week and her and I spent 2 hours of our saturday night just covering a graham cracker in chocolate and had a brown m&m on top! even easier than the regular recipe! A MUST for all grad parties! :)"