- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"This recipe is a favorite for when I want something lemon-flavored. It's a little messy when brushing on the glaze, but nothing that a little waxed paper under the cooling rack can't handle. I'm not sure what vah4bm is talking about; I have the original recipe clipping from 1999, and it says "beat in extracts." That includes vanilla."
"I've baked this Bundt Cake Recipe just as is, and it is SUPER DELICIOUS!!! Everyone loved it! Five Stars!!"
"Trying recipe for first time"
"Followed recipe to the letter and it bombed. Batter overflowed the pan, then collapsed. Used skim milk instead of 2%. This recipe is $#!T... useless! Oh, and vanilla is an ingredient but not listed in the directions. The editor needs to rethink his/her attention to detail."
"This recipe was absolutely fabulous. I substituted the flour for cake flour of course and added a teaspoon of almond extract. I also put a 1/2 stick of butter in my glaze to give it a thicker consistency. 5 stars and easy to follow."