- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
"Great recipes, however the two of sugar barely made it sweet. I wasn't able to taste the lemon flavor with 11/2 tsp of lemon extract and the lemon peel. But cake is very moist and fluffy"
"I made it dairy free by using Earth Balance instead of butter and vanilla non-dairy milk instead of milk. Such a delicious cake! It was tender, moist, and had just the perfect amount of lemon."
"Yummy lemon flavor. Made for a girl's brunch - PERFECT.To vah4bm: you didn't follow the recipe to a "T", as you stated, if you used skim milk instead of 2%. Also, the recipe directions say to beat in extracts ( with an "s") which would include the vanilla extract. Hmmmm, perhaps your cake didn't turn out because you didn't follow directions . . ."
"This cake is AMAZING!!!! I never have any luck with bundt cakes mine usully turn out dry and crumbly NOT THIS ONE!! This cake baked up Beautifully! Melted in my mouth!! So moist with a beatiful texture!!! I will definitely make this cake again!"
"It looks great, my favorite recipe now, love it !!"
"I made this for my moms birthday and everyone who ate it loved it. It didn't last for more than a day"
"Very good recipe. This makes a nice big,tall cake. It tastes delicious! I sometime add coconut to the batter for additional taste and texture."
"A tall cake with great texture, as others have said. After trying this cake once with lemon flavoring, I substituted coconut extract to make coconut cupcakes, which were great! I used powdered sugar when I made the lemon glaze the first time, so it didn't run too much."
"This is a tasty, most cake with a nice, slightly crunchy, crust. I added poppy seeds & poked holes in the warm cake with a wooden skewer before glazing, so the glaze (which I thickened) would absorb a bit into the cake. Otherwise I followed the directions as given. This is a keeper in my opinion!"
"This recipe is a favorite for when I want something lemon-flavored. It's a little messy when brushing on the glaze, but nothing that a little waxed paper under the cooling rack can't handle. I'm not sure what vah4bm is talking about; I have the original recipe clipping from 1999, and it says "beat in extracts." That includes vanilla."