- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
"Great recipes, however the two of sugar barely made it sweet. I wasn't able to taste the lemon flavor with 11/2 tsp of lemon extract and the lemon peel. But cake is very moist and fluffy"
"I made it dairy free by using Earth Balance instead of butter and vanilla non-dairy milk instead of milk. Such a delicious cake! It was tender, moist, and had just the perfect amount of lemon."
"Yummy lemon flavor. Made for a girl's brunch - PERFECT.To vah4bm: you didn't follow the recipe to a "T", as you stated, if you used skim milk instead of 2%. Also, the recipe directions say to beat in extracts ( with an "s") which would include the vanilla extract. Hmmmm, perhaps your cake didn't turn out because you didn't follow directions . . ."
"It looks great, my favorite recipe now, love it !!"
"I made this for my moms birthday and everyone who ate it loved it. It didn't last for more than a day"
"Very good recipe. This makes a nice big,tall cake. It tastes delicious! I sometime add coconut to the batter for additional taste and texture."
"This recipe is a favorite for when I want something lemon-flavored. It's a little messy when brushing on the glaze, but nothing that a little waxed paper under the cooling rack can't handle. I'm not sure what vah4bm is talking about; I have the original recipe clipping from 1999, and it says "beat in extracts." That includes vanilla."