Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake(11)
Sort By :
This recipe was absolutely fabulous. I substituted the flour for cake flour of course and added a teaspoon of almond extract. I also put a 1/2 stick of butter in my glaze to give it a thicker consistency. 5 stars and easy to follow.
I made this cake for a co-worker who doesn't like traditional birthday cakes (hates frosting)...everybody LOVED it! It is very filling and just the perfect amount of crunchy outside and soft inside.
Love this moist, tangy cake! Two of my family request this for birthdays instead of "traditional" birthday cake!
I like how the out side tasted crunchy...the glaze didnt soak in very good.