I love to bake and have spent a lot of time making goodies for my family and friends. The streusel topping gives this pie a special touch your family will love. —Sonia Parvu, Sherrill, New York
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts and ginger. Gently sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger-Streusel Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p41
Reviews for Ginger-Streusel Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review