German Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; add to the beef mixture. Add the salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaf, tomato juice, celery, carrots, potatoes, cabbage and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the corn, peas and beans; heat through. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for German Vegetable Soup(34)
Sort By :
Will definitely make again! Great on a cold winter's night.
Our new favorite!!! I did make a few minor changes...I used venison burger instead of beef, added a can of stewed tomatoes, cream style corn instead of whole kernel, and frozen peas instead of canned. It makes a huge amount & is so thick that it almost can't be called soup!!!
Delicious. My best friend and I both enjoyed this filling soup. I had everything on hand, so it was quick to throw together. I used spicy vegetable juice and it had a nice little kick.
yuk, veggies in the can? No thanks. Sorry
I make this all the time but I do substitute a bag of frozen vegies (corn, peas, green beans) & add a can of beef consomme. I also make ho-made noodles; this is the go to soup when the weather is nasty n chilly outside. I do not wait for cold weather as I could eat this soup all year round n I do !
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Soup Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >