German Potato Salad for a Crowd Recipe
- 12 medium potatoes
- 12 bacon strips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Peel and slice into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the next six ingredients. Gradually stir in water and vinegar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until thickened. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Crumble bacon and gently stir into potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for German Potato Salad for a Crowd(8)
Sort By :
This has become one of my husband's favorite dishes. When asking for suggestions as to what I should make, this is his first response. We love it!
hit the spot.
Nice standard German Potato Salad recipe. However, I left out the mustard powder and forgot to add in the parsley. Still delicious!
This was wonderful! Served at a small gathering and it was almost all gone. Delicious!
I made this for a ladies luncheon and it was definately a hit! Everyone took seconds and thirds! I left the skins on the potatoes. So many recipes are overpowering on the vinegar but this one was just right!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Potato Salad >
- German Potato Salad Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Salad with Bacon Recipes >