Garlic Rosemary Turkey Recipe
- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin; insert garlic under the skin. . Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey; squeeze remaining halves over outside of turkey. Place lemons in the cavity.
- Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary and sage. Roast 1 hour.
- Cover turkey with foil; roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
- Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Garlic Rosemary Turkey(2)
Sort By :
I just made this for Thanksgiving! It was my first turkey, and it was FANTASTIC & easy! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/11/garlic-rosemary-turkey-my-thanksgiving.html
So easy & delicious! And I made this in April! I like to buy turkeys on sale during the holidays and keep them in the freezer to make throughout the year. It's a money saver. And this is a new family favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >