- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces red candied cherries, halved
- 4 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- 1-1/2 cups dates, finely cut
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in fruits and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Store tightly covered; cookies are best after a few days. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fruitcake Christmas Cookies
Sort By :
This recipe is a keeper! I didn't have candied pineapple or hazelnuts and they were delicious! Will try this again using all of the ingredients. I got 4 1/2 dozen from this recipe.
Out of this world delicious..they make great gifts if place in small pretty tins...
Out of this world delicious!!! makes a great gift in pretty little tins...