- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frozen Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
Best recipe. I also did some calculating. If you substitute Splenda for the sugar you get the carbohydrates down from 36 to 20 each muffin. Which is great for my diabetic step son. Gonna try it with the Splenda tonite.
I have used this recipe several times and just love it. We have always made it without the nutmeg sugar topping and it is still phenomenal!
Really yummy. My daughter made packet muffins and ran out of batter. I found this recipe and we whipped it up using frozen Berries. At first I thought they were not rising the up they came. Yum Beautiful muffins just like the picture. They passed the taste test and are all ready for morning tea at work tomorrow. My daughter and I were so impressed. Moist and teaming with blue berries. Now part of my fave recipes.
My favorite blueberry muffin recipe. I don't do the topping, but I do add the nutmeg to the dry ingredients. They are fantastic!