- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frozen Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
Really yummy. My daughter made packet muffins and ran out of batter. I found this recipe and we whipped it up using frozen Berries. At first I thought they were not rising the up they came. Yum Beautiful muffins just like the picture. They passed the taste test and are all ready for morning tea at work tomorrow. My daughter and I were so impressed. Moist and teaming with blue berries. Now part of my fave recipes.
My favorite blueberry muffin recipe. I don't do the topping, but I do add the nutmeg to the dry ingredients. They are fantastic!
i have a batch in the oven as we speak. i chose this recipe because of the availabilty of the ingredients. no sour cream, no buttermilk, no fresh berries. i'm confident they'll turn out!
The wet ingredients alone tasted a little like eggnog! Haha. I was so eager to try these, but iffy on if I should, so I read some reviews, winged it and... well, I was disappointed. I ended up adding "Trader Joe's brand Organic Blueberries" (they are waaayyy smaller than fresh berries, although I was still eager to bake these) , and the batter tasted like thick cupcakes? Once I baked them I realized they taste like any average muffin out there. A little like cornbread, a little like blueberry. I say next time I make these I will either use MORE blueberries (because I like a lot of berries...), OR, add fresh/bigger ones. I didn't use the sugar nutmeg on the top. I am almost positive it was my choice of berries.Recommendations: 1) Use bigger berries.2) Try mini-chocolate chip muffins (to replace the berries...)
[Other than that, they are moist on the inside and the domes are nicely sized]