Frozen Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frozen Blueberry Muffins(14)
Sort By :
This is an awesome recipe! The batter smelled so good, I decided to make a batch without the blueberries. My fiance decided to throw some nuts in at the last minute and they turned out awesome. This recipe is great for blueberry muffins or any other type of muffin you like (i.e chocolate chip, pecan, banana nut). I find very few recipes that I do not need to add, take away or substitute but I did not change a thing with the exception of cutting the recipe in half so that I would only make 12 since it is only the two of us. This will surely become a staple in my house. Thank you!
Love this recipe
i well be making these often
These were amazing. They didn't need very long in my oven. (I live in a pretty humid/hot area). I added a little over half the zest of a medium sized lemon to the batter (I mixed it in during the wet ingredients phase at the same time as the vanilla.) It made them even more delicious!
At first I thought the batter looked gross but it all turned out and the muffins smelled amazing in the oven. They are very moist and chewy and yummy! I used a cup and a half of butter and half a cup of oil and that worked.