Freezer Cucumber Pickles Recipe
- 4 pounds pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 8 cups thinly sliced onions (about 8 medium)
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- Divide cucumbers, onions, salt and water between two large bowls. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Do not drain.
- Add 2 cups sugar and 1 cup vinegar to each bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to ten 1-pint freezer containers, leaving 1-in. headspace for expansion; freeze up to 6 weeks.
- Thaw pickles in refrigerator 8 hours before using. Serve within 2 weeks after thawing. Yield: 10 pints.
Reviews for Freezer Cucumber Pickles(5)
Sort By :
Will these pickles keep longer then 6 weeks in the freezer in freezer containers???
it says cover and freeze for up tp 6 weeks does that mean they are no good any longer then the 6 weeks in the freezer
I have been making these since the recipe first appeared in the magazine. My family loves them, they can sit and eat them right out of the jar !
I make these every year and have shared the recipe with many people. My kids love them and we eat them all winter long - reminding us of summer's bounty!
I fixed this cucumber dish. It was very good!!!
I would like to know if anyone has a cucumber slaw recipe?