Refrigerator Cucumber Slices
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
Makesabout 2-1/2 quarts
- 4 pounds cucumbers (about 6 large), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons canning/pickling salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- In a large container, combine cucumbers and onions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. May be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 21, 2016
Let set 2-3 days and they got eaten up so fast was glad tohave made two - 1 gallon containers worth!
Apr 21, 2014
needs 1/2 teaspoon alum
Mar 2, 2011
My mother always put apple cider vinegar and red onion, and a small amount of sour cream, maybe teaspoon of sugar. But was not made in this large amount. My children love it.
Jul 29, 2009
I LOVE THESE BUT A BIT STRONG IN VINEGAR FOR ME SO I TUNED IT DOWN WITH A BIT OF WATER. ABOUT 1/3 WATER TO THE VINEGAR. REALLY TASTY . JUST WISH THEY WOULD STAY CRISPY. MY HUSBAND EVEN LOVES THEM TILL THEY GET TO THE SOGGY STAGE.... THEN I GET EM ALL....YUMMMM...YUM. FREDA
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.