- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Add sherbet; beat on low for 1 minute or until soft-set. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Lemon Squares
"You can get Hagen Daz Lemon Sorbet at Target Stores. I made these for work and they are so yummy..."
"I also couldn't find lemon sherbet on the day I was making this, so I subsituted lime sherbet and changed one of the gelatins to lime, and voila, we had lemon-lime squares. They were delicious!"
"Where do you get lemon sherbet? I looked everywhere for it. I could only find lemon sorbet."
"These are RICH in lemon! The crust is awesome though."
"I made this awhile ago and it was scrumptious. Both myself and my husband enjoyed it very much! Definitely a keeper!"