In Ogden, Utah, Arlene Butler uses her slow cooker to prepare this tender pot roast. Convenient packages of dressing and gravy combine in a delicious sauce. TIP: For a filling meal in one, serve it over mashed potatoes.
- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Pot Roast in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p42
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review