Flavorful Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast(58)
Sort By :
Amazing!!! We loved this dish, and it was so easy to make! I used about 3 lbs of pork roast and chuck roast (my mom swears by combining both roasts in a pan). I cooked them in a dutch oven in the oven for an hour at 375, then for about 3 more hours at 300. The meat was so tender and flavorful. I will definitely make this again soon!
I used canned beef gravy and it was delicious. I read the shopping list wrong, so I went for it
LOVED the flavor but it was toooooo salty.
Not sure why, but we just didn't like the flavor of this. It does make a lot of gravy, so I understand why mashed potatoes are the suggested side. I added carrots and potatoes to the crock pot, and the flavors just didn't work well together.
My husband absolutely loves roast this way. His absolute favorite, and mine as well since it is so easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >