- 6 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, sugar and yeast. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough warm water to form a soft and slightly sticky dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 3-4 times.
- Roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. round biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Feather-Light Biscuits in Reminisce May/June 1995, p47
Reviews for Feather-Light Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
"Very good my family loves them."