I made this pie recently for the first time, and it was delicious! It's creamy and slightly sweet.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fantastic Flan Pie in Country Extra January 2002, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fantastic Flan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review