- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces) or sponge cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherry halves
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until blended. Gradually add eggnog; mix well. Fold in extract and 1 cup whipped cream; set aside.
- Cut cake into 1/2-in. slices; place a fourth in a 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup jam. Spoon 1 cup of eggnog mixture over all. Repeat twice. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fold sugar and vanilla into remaining whipped cream; spoon on top of trifle. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Trifle
Sort By :
This recipe is delicious. I added some fresh whole raspberries instead of the cherries, and some crushed ginger snap cookies on the top for a little crunch.
Everyone loved this! I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious! Numerous people asked for seconds.
I'm not an egg nog fan but, I made this for Christmas and believe me, THIS is the way for me to enjoy egg nog. 5 STARS.
I served this to my guests and most of it went down the disposal. Nobody liked this, especially the jam in this trifle. Not a good choice. Skip this one.
I have been making this for 3 years now and every time I take it anywhere the bowl comes home empty. I always have requests..love it!