This classic Christmas dessert is too delicious to have just once a year. So our family serves it for birthdays…and whatever other occasion we can think of! —Cynthia Butt, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces) or sponge cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherry halves
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until blended. Gradually add eggnog; mix well. Fold in extract and 1 cup whipped cream; set aside.
- Cut cake into 1/2-in. slices; place a fourth in a 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup jam. Spoon 1 cup of eggnog mixture over all. Repeat twice. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fold sugar and vanilla into remaining whipped cream; spoon on top of trifle. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Eggnog Trifle in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p42
Reviews for Eggnog Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review