"This cookie's flavor fits right into the holiday spirit," writes Myra Innes, field editor from Auburn, Kansas.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 16 dozen.
Originally published as Eggnog Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p12
Reviews for Eggnog Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review