- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Colored sugar
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Using floured 3-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° until edges are lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog Cookies
"Will add just a little more eggnog."
"I loved this was really easy. Half way through we had to put the rest of the dough back in the fridge it was getting to warm. I used half the nutmeg then added 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. They came out prefect"
"Amazing cookies. My friends don't even like eggnog, but they admitted that they do love these cookies. A great change from the usual sugar cookies."
"I thought the nutmeg was overpowering. Couldn't taste the eggnog at all. Should be renamed "nutmeg cookies". Disappointed. Won't make again."
"My husband's new favorite cookie. YUM!"
"I make these every year. very yummy and very easy to make"
"My 13-year-old son made these all by himself. The dough was easy to work with and produced sturdy, but tender cookies despite all of the handling--perfect for all methods of cookie decorating."
"I love the flavour of this recipe. I cooked it a until it was just starting to get golden and it was nice and soft."
"I did these cookies for Christmas and I love them. They remind me of Italian cccokies."