- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 16 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog Cookies
Sort By :
Cookie was much too sweet, with and without sprinkles or colored sugar. I suggest using less sugar, brush only with egg white and add one cinnamon heart at the center of the cookie to add color. Add the cinnamon heart after 5 minutes, otherwise it will melt.
Will add just a little more eggnog.
I loved this was really easy. Half way through we had to put the rest of the dough back in the fridge it was getting to warm. I used half the nutmeg then added 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. They came out prefect
Amazing cookies. My friends don't even like eggnog, but they admitted that they do love these cookies. A great change from the usual sugar cookies.
I thought the nutmeg was overpowering. Couldn't taste the eggnog at all. Should be renamed "nutmeg cookies". Disappointed. Won't make again.