Eggnog Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with eggnog, beating just until blended. Fold in the pecans, raisins and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Eggnog Bread(3)
Sort By :
I thought it was on the dry side. I did not add the pecans or candied cherries. I only added the raisins. I will look for a recipe that is more moist.
I made this with Splenda brown sugar (1/3 c) and used a whole cup of currants instead of the candied cherries. It was just delicious. I added 1/3 c nonfat dry milk, 1/2 t baking soda and a touch of extra salt with the dry ingredients. My bread was just as tall as it would have been made with sugar.
I made two batches in mini loaf pans (3x2x1), 8 per batch, baking 25 minutes at 350. I added 1 tsp. rum extract to the 2nd batch, also used 1/3 dried cranberries, 1/3 raisins, and 1/3 glace fruit. Both were delicious.