Eggnog Mini Loaves
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, sugar, butter and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 158 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2017
Yummy!!! Very easy and quick to put together. This is an excellent dessert bread during Christmas time and I will make it again. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Dec 12, 2017
Everyone’s taste is different; to me, it’s missing something. Like it’s trying to be a bread or a pound cake, but couldn’t decide.. maybe sweeter? And with all the butter and eggnog you would expect it to be more moist. It was just ok, won’t make it again.
Oct 30, 2017
These loaves are so easy to make, and delicious. Making them again to give out to family and friends.
Sep 9, 2016
Made these for Christmas gifts. They freeze nicely and taste great. I also made them using muffin tins for a quick breakfast.
Dec 27, 2015
Yummy eggnog bread. Nice way to use my leftover eggnog.
Dec 16, 2015
It was delicicous...I have made it many times.
Dec 2, 2015
Thought this was a little bland so I added some fresh cranberries and chopped pecans. It really perked it up. Made about 30 loaves last Christmas for gifts. Plan to make more this year.
Apr 10, 2015
These tasted great but were very heavy.
Mar 26, 2015
Delicious! Great eggnog flavor and freeze well!
Mar 19, 2015
Simple and tasty