- 1/2 gallon cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk 3/4 cup milk and pudding mix until smooth. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the remaining milk. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Effortless Eggnog
"I have been making this for several years. I don't eat eggs but happen to like Eggnog. This was a great alternative. I use Sugar Free Pudding, Xylitol and 1/2&1/2."
"As written, the recipe has an eggnog sort of flavor, but it lacks the richness and full breadth of flavor of the real thing. I would never make it again. However, if you double the nutmeg, double the sugar, and replace 1 cup of milk with 1 cup of heavy cream.... *that* is something I will make again and again."
"My family loved this recipe...thanks!!"
"it tasted very good I only tried it before I put it in the fridge though but it tasted awesome!"
"When store bought Eggnog became too expensive, I looked through my old Taste of Home issues to find this. It is so much better than the store bought, I wish I had made it before! And healthier too - use organic milk! We will definately use this again and again!"