Effortless Eggnog Recipe
- 1/2 gallon cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk 3/4 cup milk and pudding mix until smooth. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the remaining milk. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Effortless Eggnog
Sort By :
"As written, the recipe has an eggnog sort of flavor, but it lacks the richness and full breadth of flavor of the real thing. I would never make it again. However, if you double the nutmeg, double the sugar, and replace 1 cup of milk with 1 cup of heavy cream.... *that* is something I will make again and again."
"My family loved this recipe...thanks!!"
"it tasted very good I only tried it before I put it in the fridge though but it tasted awesome!"
"When store bought Eggnog became too expensive, I looked through my old Taste of Home issues to find this. It is so much better than the store bought, I wish I had made it before! And healthier too - use organic milk! We will definately use this again and again!"
"I have been making this eggnog recipe for several years now and wouldn't make it any other way. It's the best (mock) eggnog recipe I have ever had. I just couldn't make eggnog with eggs and thought that this would be easier and it sure was. It has now become a family favorite."