No-cook noodles save prep time for this lasagna recipe. Since these lasagna noodles will expand during baking, avoid overlapping them. The noodles will touch the sides of dish upon baking.
Featured In: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars (24 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 carton (5 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, fennel and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the zucchini, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Asiago cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Asiago cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Lasagna in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Zucchini Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review